7.17.2008

It's all about perspective

Today I caught a couple of fish. I know that is what I have been doing the whole trip, so it shouldn't be a big deal, right? The reason that I am so proud of these fish is that I wasn't on some charter boat, and I didn't have a guide. I just took my fishing pole down to the river behind the lodge and pretended to know what I was doing by copying everyone else.

I ended up catching this red salmon (also called a sockeye salmon) which ended up being one of the biggest ones taken from the river that day. It was a ton of fun trying to reel that thing in (it sure gave a lot more fight than the usual eight inch brook trout I usually catch in utah)

A little while later, I caught this little guy. It is a little baby salmon, and no it wasn't just a frozen bait fish. I really did hook him right in the middle from that same river. I didn't even notice until I glanced at my hook and saw something flipping around on it. Now I have to decide which took more talent- being able to snag a inch and a half baby or reeling in a fifteen pound salmon.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Cute post honey! I am glad that you are such a good fisherman. You must be very good at copying everyone else. I don't know if either of us have caught a fish when just the two of us have gone together. See you in a couple days.

Beckie said...

Yeah I found your blog. Looks like you hubbys having fun LOL.

The Childs said...

Oh, I totally thought you were in Alaska with him. I am going to be very impressed with your fishing skills. So Brian went up there alone with your family? That is cool. Sounds like he is having fun. No, we haven't heard anything about the house. Hopefully by the middle of August!