9.13.2008

Oh what do you do in the summertime...

This is going to be a long post but I just wanted to let everybody know what we have been doing around here. So, here I go. . .

Rylee loves to eat! We put her on cereal at 4 months since she wouldn't take a bottle. When I told the doctor, he gave me a huge lecture telling me that she should not be on cereal until 6 months and then told me that I could start fruits and vegetables at 5 months. (I know I was confused also) So, Rylee is 5 months and loves cereal and fruits, she puts up with the vegetables.


I have also taken some time to do some laundry and sew. Addyson loves to climb into the dryer and wait for me to finish the laundry. I also have been making my girls some pillowcase dresses (and shirts). If you don't know what they are you should google them, they are really cute. I am sorry that I don't have a picture I have only actually finished Addyson's Lightning McQueen shirt. Yes, I know that is boy fabric but she saw it when we were shopping and is obsessed with Cars right now. Don't worry the rest of her dresses are going to be made of girl fabric.


Dance has also started. We started with gymnastics and I didn't like having her in the older class, she wouldn't ever pay attention because there were so many kids all around the gym. So I took her out of gymnastics and put her into dance in Hooper. It is kind of nice because it isn't so far away. She seems to like it although you can definitely tell that she is the youngest in the class. We definitely have our work cut out for us. We have a lot of practicing to do so that she can do all the stuff they expect them to do. They do tap, ballet and tumbling. Addy LOVES her tap shoes. She doesn't necessarily like dancing in them as much as just stomping all around.



I have also added to my watch collection. For Relief Society we made brown and colored watch bands so I obivously needed a couple more options :). I got with my awesome sister-in-law and we made a couple more bands. I ended up with a white and black band. FYI- we started at Treasure Beads and only found a couple cute beads and they were all really expensive but then we went to Hobby Lobby and found a TON of cute, reasonably priced beads.



Responsibility. . . We decided that we are tired of doing so many things for Addyson so I created her a job chart, isn't it cute. She loves it! She can just look at the pictures and know just what she needs to do that day. It was a piece of cake to make and I love how happy it makes Addy to work. I just put everything onto magnets and then she gets to move them from "to do" down to "done" when she accomplishes something.



We have also had a lot of fun playing around with Addyson's hair. It has only taken three years for her to get enough hair to do something with. This little hair style is our favorite because it holds back every layer of hair and it stays in pretty good for a couple days (even through naps and playing in irrigation water!).
Sorry for the dirty picture. Addy loves to only have on her underwear which happens to be Cars (yes, I know boy stuff once again). I don't mind buying her boy underwear because she never has accidents in them. She doesn't care if she gets a little poop on Jasmine or Ariel but she DOES NOT want to get poop on Lightning!



Along with hair styles also comes hair bows! My favorite!!! II love playing arouund and making Rylee and Addy cute bows to put in their hair or on their headbands. My recent favorite is the korker bow (the curly ones). I had no idea that you could just cook ribbon and get it to stay like that, who tries these things out? Oh well. I am glad that they did. I also really like making the bug bows. The picture didn't turn out very good but that middle little red thing is a ladybug. I made some cuter ladybugs this morning, they have cute little bead heads. Fun, fun, fun!

Here is a close up of her dragonfly because I forgot to put it on the counter for the other picture.



Anyway, that's about all (besides all the messes these things made). Thank you very much to my patient and loving husband who has just bit his lip everyday that he has come home from work and not been able to find our counter because it has been covered with one of my many recent projects.
If you actually made it to the bottom of this post you should leave me a comment letting me know some of the cute crafts and things that you have been doing, I love to see others projects and get fun ideas.




7 comments:

Malisa Twelves said...

Did you make the beaded watch band? I love the white one! How much would you charge for one... watch included? I have been without a watch since my old one broke and my hubby threw it out before i could get it fixed. I haven't seen any I like lately, but I really think that white one is fantastic.

~Malisa

Arzed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

What a crafty summer. You're such a good mom!

Julie said...

Loved seeing the dance studio I went to growing up, and that Jenel is still teaching. Oh the memories :-)

Kellie said...

I cant wait to see your pillowcase dress..
Cute hair bows..

The Childs said...

Sounds like you have been busy. I'm sorry I haven't called you. It is taking sometime adjusting here. WE are really having a hard time getting on a good schedule. I'm excited to see your pillowcase dresses. NO crafts here. I'm homeschooling Savanna for preschool so I spend my time creating lesson plans. Also, I still do good old scrapbooking. That is it!

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

Candace,
I don't know how I happened on your blog but I did. Your family has grown so much!! It was good to see you your way cute family!!
Kelse (Cragun) Rich