5.04.2008

Sundays, Our Favorite. . .


Sundays are wonderful days. They are even better if you don't have kids to juggle at church, so you can enjoy the day. Today was kind of a silly day. I was very nervous about going to church because Bryan was working so I was going to be taking the girls by myself for the first time. I was making all of the preparations. I started early so that we could be on time. By 11:00 I had got all three of us showered and our hair done. At 11:30 we were eating lunch. By 12:15 I headed upstairs to get all of us dressed. I was so excited because we were actually going to make it there by 1:00! And then I started to get Addy dressed (kind of).

Addy and myself went into her bedroom. I picked out a dress and asked her if that was what she wanted to wear, she told me that she didn't want to wear anything. So I told her that was what she was wearing. Then I asked her to come over so I could put her dress on, she told me "no" and continued to play. Then I pulled her over to me and told her to stand there. She plopped onto the floor. She would not stand up, I think she temporarily turned into slime. I couldn't get her to tighten a muscle in her body. Every time I tried to get her to stand up she would just go limp. After some disagreement I finally got her dress over her head. Which in turn, she ripped off and threw across her room. Then she got in trouble and finally let me put her dress on.

At this point we now only have about 15 minutes before church starts. I left Addy in her room and headed to get me dressed. I got myself ready and headed downstairs to get Rylee into her clothes. As I walked by Addyson's bedroom I noticed how quiet it was, so I peeked in. She was out like a light.

At that point I had no other choice but to throw my arms in the air, change out of my church clothes and say "at least I tried!"

2 hours later

When Addy woke up she came downstairs in her church clothes and said she was ready for church. I told her that she had slept through church and that it was over. At this point she cried and told me that it wasn't over and that she wanted to go.

Yes, we have had another wonderful Sunday; we have slept, fought, cried, and laughed.
(I had asked her to put on her white church shoes before her nap. After her nap she explained to me that her white flower shoes were dirty and that she needed to wear her black shoes.Don't they match her dress well.)

3 comments:

The Childs said...

You got to love days like that! That is the worst when you try to get children to do something and they won't but 2 hours later they are ready to do it. We have all been there. Be grateful. Two kids at church alone is tough to handle.

Jodi B. said...

I'm impressed that you got that far, being alone and having such a young baby. Gotta love the slime technique, it drives me nuts when Cam does that. Congrats on the graduation, what a relief!

The Childs said...

Hey, could I invite Megan Goodrich (Moyes) to come on Thursday? She lives down this way,that way I would have someone to drive up with. Let me know!